Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Little Cleansing

Sitting in my empty living room around midnight something moved me to do a little cleansing.
I have this shoe-box (very cliche, I know) of stuff from a past relationship.  I went through it somewhat quickly, reminiscing as I went.  I kept some things I must admit, but most things ended up in a plastic bag that is going to go in the trash.
I have moved on, and so has she, and now more of the stuff is gone.  It is weird to me that a box full of good memories is something I am throwing away.  I tend to keep a lot of things for sentimental reasons (not really a good habit)  but these things I see no reason to hold onto anymore.  They are wonderful memories from the past, don't get me wrong.  The thing about memories though, at least for me, is one memory leads to another, and then another until I end up at a memory I don't really want to remember.  But those memories are also ones I need to remember.
The good ones are great, but it is the bad memories, the mistakes that I made, that I really feel a need to hold onto.  I refuse to make the same mistakes and those bad memories are a reminder for me.
So, the majority of the stuff is gone because honestly it is just that, stuff.  The memories remain, good and bad, and tomorrow is a new day to give to God as best I can.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment