Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Online Dating Article Too Funny?

I enjoy Eye of the Tiber. If you have a sense of humor, it's really funny.
A friend posted this article on the book face.
On-line dating is tough, there is no doubt about that. When I started off on the on-line dating route I'll admit I was almost as bad as the guy in the article.  I had high hopes of finding a beautiful and pure Catholic woman. There are many out there, don't get me wrong. I even met one, messed things up, had a second chance, but decided against it because of our mutual lack of openness to whatever the future might hold. Everything was there, but I couldn't do it because we both had different thoughts. So I've never been as bad as the guy in the article, but it has taken me a while, and a lot of humbling moments to get me to where I am now.
My past isn't spotless. There are many things I'm not proud to admit. So in that sense, I will never hold a persons past against them. My hope is that they have learned from their mistakes, as I have mine, as well as sought forgiveness from God, which is an ongoing process for me. Before a few years ago I had no desire to date anyone who had children. That was solely a pride thing. If I was going to marry someone I wanted to be the first person they'd ever be with. This is the exact mind set as the guy in the article, and I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I even had those thoughts.
However, attraction is still a major part of dating and discerning marriage, should dating a person ever get to that point. Unfortunately with on-line dating, you might only have access to one picture of a person and from that you can, or have to, make a lot of decisions. I've almost agonized over what picture I would have on my profile. Being terribly un-photogenic, its tough trying to pick out that one picture that I think makes me look desirable to the opposite sex. I know that my look is not going to be attractive to all women. But for my own searching, there are looks that I'm attracted to. I'm attracted to women who look healthy, who are smiling in there picture and have the confidence to even put a picture of themselves up on a profile. There are women though who I immediately do not find attractive. I don't automatically count them out, but I also don't seek to make a connection if I don't find them attractive at first.
(I actually can't really make any connection on my own, since I don't pay for the site I use)
So, basically I wore this to try to convince myself that I'm not as shallow as I think I am. A prayer that I need to pray more often is to ask God for help is loving people as He loves them and to see others as He sees them.
The search continues, but the search for God and His will for my life is the most important search I'm doing right now.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment