Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

God's Love For Each of Us

There are no shortage of love songs out there. At different times in my life it's been hard to listen to any of them. Though at other times they were all I wanted to listen to.
As what happens many times when I'm inspired to write, a thought hit me today. A song that my college girlfriend introduced me to. She actually put it on a CD playlist for me, back when people did that did that sort of thing. The song seemed to fit us perfectly, until it didn't.
This song honestly does not fit any relationship. It shouldn't take us finding the perfect someone to know that God loves us. But of course it's a catchy song and a feel good song. I fell right into that. Thinking someone was so perfect for me that of course that means God loves. To think that knowing God loves for you is dependent on you finding your "soul mate" is laughable. I don't even know if I believe in soul mates, for that's been covered, a few years ago I think.
What I guess I'm getting at is the simple truth that God loves us. He loves each of us more than we can imagine and nothing we do will increase or decrease that love. The sad thing is so many people don't know this or have a hard time believing it.
Love songs are nice and all, but God's love can never be summed up in a song, and neither can a healthy human relationship for that matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment