Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Own Letter To My Future Wife

Hi,
I'm not much for words, or at least great ones. Writing is not one of my strong suits, but I can write from the heart, which is what I am attempting to do here.
If you are out there somewhere I hope you are doing well, and enjoying life to its fullest.
Life on this earth is short, but it can be wonderful. You weren't made for this world though, so please keep your eyes on heaven, first and foremost.
Jesus loves you more than I ever could or will be able to. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to love you as much as I can some day. I do love you very much already, and I am praying for you. Until that day comes when we get a chance to meet, please keep your thoughts on God and your trust in His will. We will meet someday, if it's God's will, so don't worry and don't fret.
I'll be honest, I've struggled at times. I've never lost hope that you might be out there, but I also haven't always done my best to be prepared for you. At times I thought I had met you, only to be shown that I was wrong. A certain addiction has hurt me very badly, along with many of my relationships. I'm recovering and thanks to God's grace I have a renewed strength to not fall into old sins, or bad habits and thoughts.
I'm sure you have struggled too. Please do not be ashamed of your failings and faults. Whatever you've been through has made you who you are today and I will never judge you for what your past contains.
Just to be clear, I have no desire to be the man you need. You need God first and foremost. My hope is that I will be the man you want.
Again, you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I ask St. Joseph to pray for you every night. He is the example of the type of man I want to be, so I trust in his prayers for you.
I hope you are praying for me too, because I can sure use them. I'm doing my best to trust in God and His will for my life. The desire to be in a relationship is strong, but I know I must be patient and trust in God that when the time is right He will bring us together.
In the mean time, please keep running towards God. His love is the most important thing in your life and getting to heaven needs to be your first goal. Hopefully we'll get the chance to help each other reach heaven, and God willing, maybe even some children.
I'm doing my best to be patient. I'm always looking for you and if I know the tiny bit about God that I think I know, we'll probably meet when we both least expect it. I don't know that for sure though, only God does.
Until the that exciting day comes when we meet, please know that I've been praying for you for a while, and that I will continue to do so.

Peace and grace be with you, my future wife

No comments:

Post a Comment