Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

My New Hobby

I guess this is not my new hobby, it has been about a year since I bought my first mountain bike and it has been all up hill from there.
At this point I have two main bikes.
The first is an older Rocky Mountain full suspension free ride bike... RM6 to be exact.  I bought just the frame and then built it up from there to what it is now.
Its fun to ride and since it's already beat up a bit I don't worry about being tough on it.
The second bike I just finished.  Same deal as the first; I built it from the frame up.  I started with a Santa Cruz Chameleon frame and did something a little different with it.  The frame is designed to use 26" wheels, the standard mountain bike wheel size.  Well, my first bike, that I bought last summer and have been parting out for my other bikes has 29" wheels.  So, I took the front 29" fork and put it on the Chameleon to make what they wall a 69er... 29" wheel in the front with a 26" wheel in the back.
I call it the "Sexy Lizard"
The cool thing is that these bikes are never really complete.  Parts wear out, I feel like upgrading or changing the look... it never ends.
My only worry is that it distracts me from the important things, mainly God and what I need to be doing for him.
At this point, I think I am okay.  As I keep learning more and more about bikes I know I will be able to help other people with their bikes.

Peace all

1 comment: