Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's About Christ Jesus!

I have stopped being surprised by excuses people come up with for anything.  I quit letting most of them frustrate me and honestly I laugh a little inside when I see the ridiculousness of most people.  What still gets me though is excuses people have when it comes to God and His Church.
When it comes to a persons faith, that faith should rely on God, in my opinion, and not on people.  When people make excuses like "I don't like that priest" or "I hate the politics of the Church" and all the other things that people come up with all I can do is a face-palm! 
It's not about individuals, it's about Christ and your relationship with him!  
If your faith is affected by other people to the extent that you use it as an excuse then you have a lot of strengthening of your faith to do.
I understand to a point.  I had a confession that was just frustrating.  The priest acted like he just wanted to be done and sped through everything.  At first I felt let down but as I though about it, I remembered that Christ was the most important one while I was in the confessional.  As lack luster as the priest was, at the end of it all, Christ was still there and He forgave me.
The Church is the bride of Christ.  The Church is not perfect and the people that make up the Church are far from perfect.  If people expect all the people that make up the Church to be perfect they are going to be constantly let down.  On the other hand, if people realize that the Church is not perfect but Christ continues to work through all members of the Church perfectly, then what is there to worry or make excuses about?
I am proud to be a part of the Church and I hope I can help people see its not about what makes us perfectly happy it's about our relationship with Christ.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment