Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Friday, February 22, 2013

God Does Respond

As the title would suggest, I am starting to see where God is answering me and leading me through different things.  No big questions answered yet, only small ones, but no less profound or awesome.  I firmly believe this is because I am trying to grow closer to Him and have been praying that I simply "do what He needs me to do".
Exhibit A- God had me step up.
Every last Friday of the month at our school all of the theology classes go to the school's chapel for Eucharistic Adoration.  One of the theology teachers, who also happens to be a deacon, uses the time not just for prayer but for instruction as well.  This frustrates me.
The problem is he puts the kids to sleep.  He means well and has good things to say; things that need to be said really.  But the way he talks just turns the students off, and really turns most adults off as well.
As I sat through his long speech, I prayer for humility because in my head I was thinking how I could be saying what he was trying to say so much better.  I knew I could reach the students and get them to understand what he was trying to say a lot more efficiently and clearly.  Feeling bad for thinking that, I prayed for humility and asked for God's forgiveness for not seeing the good work he was trying to do.
Well, as my class was leaving the chapel, I had a quick question for the deacon.  I asked and then as I turned to leave he asked me if I would talk to the next class about the things he had spoken about because he had to run an errand.
So, there you go.  I got my chance and actually the rest of the day I was the only one that talked because he asked me again if I would.
God gave me a chance to step up, I only pray that I said what He needed me to say in the way He needed me to say it.
Exhibit B- $20
My new hobby is mountain biking. Well, less biking and more fixing up bikes and making them look awesome and perform better.  This has become a slight obsession for me, so I have given up shopping for bike stuff for lent.  My student's have figured out my new hobby since I ride my bikes to school.  One student told me how he was looking for a bike and where he might be able to find one for cheap.  I told him where to look and said if he found one I would help him fix it up.
Well, since I have said I wont be buying any bike stuff, I have still been looking.  I found a guy selling some bikes on Facebook, with one that would be a nice bike when fixed up.  He wants (I say that because as of writing this, I have not seen the bikes, but will soon) $50 for the bikes.  I was going to go and just take out some cash to get the bikes, but I guess God had another plan.
After evening mass I swung by the grocery store to pick up some stuff.  I have a spot I usually park, but for some reason today I decided to pull into a different spot... don't really know why.  As I was pulling in, I noticed something on the ground in front of me in the parking spot.  With just a quick glance it looked like money.  Having been trained very well by my father on how to find money almost anywhere, I had a good feeling.
I pulled all the way into the spot, hopped out of my truck and walked around front.  I crouched down and yep, I was right, a $20 bill laying there just to the right of my passenger front tire.
Long story short, I had $32 in my wallet, so I don't have to pull out cash to purchase a bike I intend to give to a student, along with other bikes and pieces I intent to give to a local charity thrift store.
Haven't made the purchase yet, but I have a feeling things will work out well for everyone.

God is awesome and does show us the way... we just have to be looking in the right spot and be open to what He needs us to do.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment