Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Being Humbled

Only from Catholic's do you hear the phrase "I had a wonderful confession today"... well, I did, but I still feel dorky saying it.
After standing and leaning on pews in line for the confessional, the priest came out.  He asked if those of us that were left wanted to follow him.  Mass was starting, so we could not continue in the Church.
I, of course, had hoped to just pop in, say my sins, be forgiven and be done.
Nope... God had other plans.
I knew the priest... heck, we had seen a movie together and hung out a few times.  So did I want to do a face to face confession? No... but that was my only choice.
So I sucked it up, swallowed my pride and went for it.  I hate confessing my "favorite" sin, but I had to.  Father talked a bit.  I will admit I don't remember much of what he said, but one thing sticks out.
Humility... for himself and for me.  It was a very humbling experience confessing the way I did.  Father mentioned though that when he was being trained for hearing confessions, the one thing he will never forget where some wise words of his teacher.  The priest training them said they needed to remember how it is a humbling experience for them each time.  They get to hear the confessions of sinners even when they themselves are sinners also.
As usual, I am completely blessed by the way things turned out.
Humility... gotta keep working at it.

Peace all!

No comments:

Post a Comment