Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, October 15, 2012

A Sign?

Okay, this is actually probably ridiculous, but I felt like sharing it.
While assistant coaching my cross-country team today I found something.  Standing in the middle of a park, with only grass and trees around, one would not expect to find anything too terribly interesting.  Luckily, if I learned anything from my father, it was how to find things that most people walk right past.  So what did I find?  A quarter.  A bright, shiny quarter simply laying in the grass.  How it got there, only God may know... but I found it and that's just the start.  What do you think I found as I looked over this quarter?  Well, I immediately new, from the buffalo skull on the backside, that is was a Montana state quarter.  If you know me at all, you would know that I have a desire to return home, to be closer to my family and friends.
So, do I take this as a sign?  Not really.  I don't think God gives signs quite like this one, but I still think its cool... and I'm keeping the quarter!

On another note, I added to my work load today.  One of my wooooonnnderful students asked me if we could do something at school for the Year of Faith.  I figured since I knew nobody else at the school would be doing anything, that it would be up to me.  So, I sent out an e-mail to all the faculty and staff at school announcing to them that from now on, every Thursday, during both lunching, I will be holding a discussion/study/learning opportunity focusing on Lumen gentium, Gaudium et spes and the Catechism of the Catholic Church... maybe not in that order though.  I know with the Holy Spirits help we can make this a success... I just pray I can at least look like I know what I am talking about.

Peace all!

1 comment: