Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Barriers and Me

If my last post came off all depressing and mopey, I am sorry, that was not my intention.
Is my life the perfect picture of what society thinks a 25 year old college graduate should be doing?  Heck no!  and I am totally fine with that.
I need this time right now, away from relationships and those things I thought I needed only a few years ago but managed to distort and take for granted.
Should I be blessed to meet a wonderful woman someday then this time will make me appreciate that time all the more.  If not, then this time will be a reminder that I can handle anything, with God's help.
I don't know yet what my path will be... single, married, the priesthood or brotherhood... only God knows.
I am not seeking a relationship at all... only a deeper one with Christ.  I am also not looking for any distractions and trying to avoid them as much as I can.
Am I doing a great job with any of this?  Yes and no.
It is easy to not seek a relationship, but staying away from distractions of all kinds in another matter.
All I know now is I need this next few months, maybe even a year, to grow closer to God, and at this moment, I am my own biggest barrier to get over.

Pax



No comments:

Post a Comment