Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Holding Back the Tears

I'm struggling right now. There have already been a few moments today when I've had to fight back the tears as I felt them start to well up.
Today I'm presenting to my classes a bit more about me. I spent last night making a PowerPoint about myself, with pictures and a little poem explaining what I come from. I had to quickly go through the pics with my family because, well, I couldn't cry in front of my students on only the second day of class.
I don't know why I'm struggling so much. I truly believe this is a place where I can do some good, but I miss home, my family, friends and Montana. Right now those feeling are overpowering the excitement I had for being here. The struggle of being a teacher again is hitting me and all my mind can go to is the thought of being back home where I'm comfortable and surrounded with what I know and love.
But I can't go home. I've made a commitment to be here and to be the best teacher I can be for my new students. And honestly I know if I was at home right now I'd be bored and thinking about how I should be somewhere doing something more productive with my life. Knowing that doesn't help me much right now though.
I miss home.


1 comment: