Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Feelings of Doubt

Well, I did it again. I moved away from home back to Minnesota. Through the whole process I've felt pretty good about my decision. When I got here I was reassured when I both saw and heard how in need this school is of a change in their Theology program. There is another new teacher who I'll be working with and we also got an apartment together so I'm not completely alone.
Still, today had moments that got me down. Nothing that happened externally, just in my own head. Feelings of doubt and missing my family have almost brought me to tears today. They are the same feelings I had when I moved to Minnesota the first time 10 years ago. I held back the tears back then and I'm still able to today, but the feelings still suck.
Luckily, I know from experience that in time things will get better. I'll connect with my roommate/coworker more and get to know my students better. All of that will ease the pain of being away from home again.
I know that Jesus is with me and I'm trying to do His will. There souls here that I'll come in contact with for a reason and I have to trust that. The feeling of being alone won't last and the desire to just be with my family will lessen after I travel home for the first time.
Until then, I'm trying to have a healthy distrust of my emotions and do what Jesus brought me here to do to the best of my ability.
I just wanna cry, but I wont. I'll buck up, trust that I'm where I need to be and do what needs to be done for my students and this new school I'm at.

Peace all

1 comment: