Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Being A Lonely Sign

Father said something during his homily this morning that got me thinking. I honestly don't remember much else of what he said, and I can't give a direct quote. He gave a sentence about signs and how they are not meant to be the end goal, they are meant to point to point to something greater.
I get that and it makes total sense to me. When you're driving you don't stop at the sign that tells you where to turn, you turn at the sign and keep going. Signs are meant to direct and even give hope that there is something greater ahead.

This got me thinking about how I've been a sign for others. I sincerely hope that I have been a sign for the youth I've ministered to, hopefully pointing them to God. That is the greatest and most crucial job of the youth minister or theology teacher, or it is for me at least.
But how have I been a sign for others?

Was I pulled into the life of a young mother for almost four months only to be a sign for her that there are good guys out there?
Is my profile on a Catholic dating site just there give hope to women who are searching, but aren't searching as far as Montana?
I'm I destined to continue to be a lonely sign?
Have I been a sign to my friends that trusting in God takes time because I still don't know what to do with my life?
Did I feel the need to come back home only to be a sign to my family that I haven't figured out anything yet but I'm still a good kid?

I just want to be a sign that points to Jesus, but I don't know how I'm being asked to be that sign right now.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment