Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Crappy Super Bowl, Blah Ads and Downhill Skiing

The game sucked and the only funny commercial's were the ketchup and the dorito's ads.

Okay, onto something more important. 

I haven't written anything in a while. Been busy, what can I say. There were a few times in the past few weeks when an idea popped into my head to write about, but I didn't follow through. Again, this blog is for me because I think maybe only 1 or 2 other people actually read it. All the other hits I get are from random google searches I believe.
Anyway... I have discovered a new sport.
Okay, it's not a new sport, but it is to me. 
Downhill skiing.

Fun? Oh yes!
Expensive? Oh yes!
Worth it? I think so...
It's great getting up on mountain, breathing the cold air, and even face-planting into the snow a few times isn't that bad.
Downhill skiing is kinda like my life. I would say God is like my skis. There are moments of complete fun when I let go and let the skis take me. Working with them, never forcing turns... that's when things are great. When I don't trust them and try to control them I face plant. 
When I make it down the hill, all I can do is get on the lift and take the slow ride back up to the top, anticipating the next run down the mountain. 
Ups and downs, falls and fails, exhilaration and excitement, fast moments and painfully slow moments. That's life and also downhill skiing.

Until I write again...

Peace all

1 comment:

  1. Um, it's been months since I've seen the concrete of my driveway, and weeks since I've seen my mailbox. Dogs are peeing on neighbors' porches because they can't step high enough to get on the snowmounds. And if that plow buries the end of my drive again I'm ......

    Well, I just can't get too excited about skiing right now. But I'm glad you are. Sorta.

    ReplyDelete