Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Into the Unknown...Again

I finished my year as a bandaid for a parish in my home town. It was a good experience that allowed me to learn a lot and make some new friends while spending more time with my family.
As of July 1st I have been officially unemployed. After the usual crazy week around the 4th I've been spending a lot of time at my grandmothers. She will be 90 years old this November and has been living alone for over a year since my grandfather passed away. Not a whole lot as been done as far as upkeep around her 75 acre little farm. I've been moving sprinkler pipes, mowing and cleaning the shop and barn, along with other things... and I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm glad I can be here for her now since I wasn't very present while she was taking care of my grandpa as he struggled with dementia.
All of that is in the past now. I have today and hopefully I'll be blessed with a tomorrow, and that's how I'm kinda living life right now.  In many ways I'm waiting for things to happen but I'm trying really hard to not let that distract me from what I have right now.
I'm still single, am totally fine with that and have no desire to become a priest (which I still get asked about all the time). Maybe there is someone out there for me. If there is I don't feel like I have a lot to offer, but we'll see what happens.
Into the unknown again.

No comments:

Post a Comment