Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ever Changing Prayer Life

Honestly, I'm a fan of change. Maybe it's a symptom of my restless spirit or a result of whatever wisdom I've been blessed with to see what happens when people are forced to change. Whatever it might be, I like change.
Change is inevitable.
The only guarantees in life are change and taxes. (I think that was said at some point in history)
Of all the things that change in my life it seems to me that how I pray, the length and the frequency of my prayers changes the most.
I could change my genre of music, or my hair style, or my cuisine likes, but no, as a trying-to-be-good Catholic young adult it is my prayer life that is constantly fluctuating. The one thing in my life that I should be working the hardest to maintain. Literally my relationship with God, my prayer life, is ever changing. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's lacking.
As you can imagine I'm writing this right now because my prayer life is lacking. I'm distracted by worldly things but also going through a dry spell of very few answers. I've gotten nothing but "no"s so far in trying to figure out what direction my life needs to go.
I'm not worried. God and the workings of the Holy Spirit will bring me back into a better relationship Jesus, especially when I start up my summer job. Until then my prayers are short, but I'm trying to make them more frequent.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment