Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Monday, October 19, 2015

When It Rains It Pours

I've been single for a while, which has been a good thing. A relationship would not have been something I would have been able to handle very well with my own internal struggles and growing pains. It helped that I lived in town where I was the young adult population, so temptation was very limited. But now, I'm in a town full of young single adults. After a summer of being surrounded by amazing people, when I got home and started the next chapter of my life I felt a great deal of loneliness.  That lead me to jump headlong into looking for a relationship.  My faith and values help me to stand out from other men my age and I'm finding women that appreciate that very much.
I've already posted about how that went at the beginning of this journey.
Now, I'm faced with a new problem. I know what I'm looking for and I know there are women out there looking for a guy like me. What I didn't realize is that I'd find a bunch of amazing women at the same time. I'd been hoping to get into a relationship that I would be able to discern, but how do I discern multiple relationships at the same time? I'm not sure there is a right answer.
At the end of the day this may not be a problem though. Ultimately I think this is an opportunity put my trust in God.
Also, the last thing I want to do is hurt any of these women, which I'm not sure is entirely possible. One of the best things I know I can do for these ladies I am meeting and getting to know is pray for them. So another good outcome from all this is that my prayers have increased. My prayer life is always in flux, but having more reasons to pray is not a bad thing at all.
The one true problem persists though. One of these amazing women is a long ways away from me and she happens to be the one pulling on my heart strings the most. I fear this will be another lesson in loss. But it might also be an opportunity for amazing self-giving and sacrifice. Only time will tell.
Until then, I'm praying more and placing my trust in God, so I'm truly blessed.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment