Who Am I?

My photo
I'm just a guy trying to trust in God and be the best I can be for God and others, then myself.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Excitement!

Excitement all around!
Habemus Papam Franciscum!  We have a Pope! Pope Francis I!
Ok, got that out of the way...

More excitement I guess... I only have one quarter left of school.  I say that sounding like a student when I am actually a teacher, but I say it nonetheless.
I know that I am moving home after I am done with this school year and that is exciting for me.  I feel blessed to have been where I am for the past 3 years, but I am ready to move on.  In a way I feel like I did when I finished college.  There was this overwhelming drive in me to just leave and get on with my life somewhere else.  I don't even remember looking back, I was just moving forward.
Times were tough though and I did miss what I left behind, and I know that will happen again, but right now I am again feeling the excitement building.  This time even more so because I know even less!  That might sound counter intuitive, but the less I know the more excited I feel.  After college I knew where I was going and what I was going to be doing and who I was going to be with.  None much of that now.  I know I am going home, but beyond that... nada.  People even ask me what I am going to do and when I tell them I am moving home and seeing what God wants me to do I have yet to receive a negative response.  Sure, people are sad to see me go, but you expect that.  
Right now I am excited... excited for the future and where God will lead me.  The realization that it is going to be very difficult is something I am not thinking about now.  I know there will be very difficult times so why worry about them now right!
Anyways...(that's how I spell it!) I am excited for the future!

Peace all!

1 comment:

  1. Someone once told me that "God always leads;" it's us who are too stupid to follow. I liked that, except I'd change the word "stupid" to "stubborn." The first half of my life I wanted to lead. Oh, I thought I knew where He'd want me to go, if He were to tell me. I tried my best. But I never tried to listen; I thought I knew.

    It was a hard thing to admit I didn't.

    ReplyDelete